Thursday 27 June 2013

Bye Bye Google Reader, Hello Digg Reader



Google Reader Is Leaving Us On The First Of July...
So Digg Has A New Reader Coming Out For Us To Gaze At


So as you may know, Google Reader is leaving us this July, it's sad to me because it's a big reason I use my phone, and other then Youtube, it's the only way I get my news so I need a replacement!


It will be upsetting to see Google Reader go, but hopefully Digg Reader will make it easier to deal with!

If you're moving from Google Reader then here's a way of saving your subscriptions!
2. Click create an archive
3. Download!

So why Digg?
I'm used to Google Reader and Digg's plan is to catch those who's coming from that specific reader!
This means it shouldn't have a difficult learning curve, or look as cluttered and awful as some others I've seen!
Digg say's on it's Blog that you will easily be able to folders and feed's you created on Google Reader to your new Digg Reader!


iPhone users can already get there hands on the mobile app, but Android owners will have to wait, it should be available for Android before the end of July!

Launch features will include the ablity to share with Twitter and Facebook, and later they plan to add, Linkedln, Google+, WordPress, Tumblr, Squarespace, Evernote, Dropbox and Buffer! 

If you wish to know more about the soon to be reader, read about it on there official Blog! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment