Saturday 17 August 2013

First thoughts: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

Warning, this is a 18+ show, and definitely isn't for everyone!
These are my thoughts of the first episode, and something's about it, hopefully it will help you deside if you like it or not!


Ok so first I should talk about how I got to watching this, My best friend showed me a music video and was well.. amusing, that was a while back, I then recently saw Panty and stocking Blu-ray at HMV, after thinking about the characters for a little while, I decided to get to watch it!

So episode one here we go!

I like the art, with a cartoony style, with anime and comic styles put into one, it makes an interesting mix!
Theres a creature that reminds me of Gir named chuck in his dog suite, its as silly and stupid as gir but its more hyper active and less talks, there’s Panty who is clearly the flirtatious one with the sexual themes mainly laying with her, she had fun with 3 guys in the whole first episode, its never about that since its usually just a 1 minuet scene and then theres stocking not giving a F*ck about anyone who just loves sugar and sweat things, shes also a cute goth! >.<

The first mission you see these two angels, thats not me complimenting them, in the animation they are fallen angels, and they have to go on missions to get back into heaven, and the first mission these angels have to go on is to save people from getting sucked up by toilets while they where doing number 2's, it ends with it turning out to be a version of the great mighty poo, it's very straightforward since its only 12ish minutes per episode!

Though I may not have described it this way, its a funny animation, comedy has got to be its genre, its hilarious, well when its not being to gross for my liking, its definitely aimed at Adults and teens, I would not let my younger siblings listen and watch this with all the sexual themes and swearing, even if it does reminding me of animation styles like the grim adventures of billy and mandy!

Something I do have to mention is the sound quality, the sound effects, music and voice acting, they are amazing, I find the sound amazing in my opinion, I want to say a ton about it but what can I say, the sounds are amazing they match the scene and I love it!

Final thoughts

If you like rude comedic animation with a different art style (unless you've been watching cartoon network lately) and you like good sound effects, I suggest you give it a watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment