Saturday 10 August 2013

Why I shouldn't have ignored wonderful 101

I have paid no attention to this game other then the demo
After playing that I realised I should have paid attention, this game brings out something I didnt expect!


Ok so let me start of with saying, I don't typically like super hero's, and though depending on how you define it, Sonic, Mario, Hatsune Miku, they could all be Super Hero's as to me Hero means there a person that saves people, creatures, or the world, Sonic saves animals and the world from eggman/robotnik, Mario saves the mushroom kingdom and princess peach from bowser, and Hatsune Miku saves peoples lives by helping them feel that they are not alone in certain circumstances, and also makes people feel like they could be someone, and that they have helped people, Hatsune is much more of a super hero then Mario or Sonic in my eyes!

Any ways, that was my little rant about what super heroes technically are, well at least to me, but it was important to get into this point, as I like Heroes, (obviously) but I don’t like Super Hero's that have 'Super powers' at least in the way like The Incredibles (never liked it, but watched it to help me imagine what I would do with powers, my favourite power that I would choose over anything is still the ability to transform!) I hate how they dress weirdly, and how rather then being able to watch and it be hilarious because people are trying to do what’s much above them, but boring as if you imagine you having those powers, you've already imagined 30 different ways of beating the people!

Anyway those are my feelings on super heroes, and that’s why I avoided Wonderful 101, But as a European, the demo came out on the 9th so I decided to download it because, why not? I don't loose anything (except Memory that I can get back by deleting it) anyways I downloaded it, and booted it up after I finished watching The Big Bang Theory, I struggled a little at the start where it basically throws you straight in (there was probably instructions but there where enemy’s coming from everywhere I couldn't pay attention to them!

As soon as I beat some of them I looked at the pad, I went to the second page and it showed me some tips, and gawd was it useful!
I learned that the right analogue stick was used to transform the weapon (I liked the heavy a$$ sword the best) And made my way threw, I saw some people asking for help, I circled them and they sided with me, it was a great feeling, and made it feel like I was playing a Pikmin esc game, I carried on threw the level, and at a point I went to circle around people and they lifted up a car, I was amazed by that, and it made me think of a Playstation 4 game coming out soon, named Knack, and made me believe that Knack is going to be a great game to, why? Well because both games seem to take old formula’s, put them together, or change them a little to make a game which feels both entirely new and nostalgic, Knack reminds me of Crash, Spyro and lego games, and wonderful 101 reminds me of Pikmin, Lego games, Ty the Tasmanian tiger (The toilets, though they where used for check points in that game and in W101 they are used for something else, gawd I played that game so much!) Okami (reviving plants though not as exotic in the W101 game) and also be fused with endless possibility’s, !
(couldn't find a picture of the 3d game checkpoint)

When you're a kid the world around you is bigger then you can begin to conceive, and cliché isn't a word you understand, you watch a movie, and you think shouting at the screen will change it, you believe that after you've read a book a few times the next time you read it, you imagine a different what happens next and you expect the story to change to fit with your imagination, and that’s wonderful, as you get older you get used to cliché's and you know if you shout at the screen nothing will change, you can't change the story, but this game, no it doen't make you think next time I play the demo the game is going to be different, but it doesn't feel so cliché, yeah you can pick up cars and perhaps you expected that, but I didn't and a lot of other things I didn't think would happen did and it put me back in the mindset of, I don't know everything here, just sit back this world is bigger then you think, you couldn't comprehend that, you don't know what’s around that corner, while other games leave you with, “Hmp, ok to do this I go there there will be this there, I'll do that, go there be done” and thats how it plays out! But I after I opened a garage type door that led to the other side, I thought, I'd go straight in straight out, but nope, something else I didn't comprehend happened, and that’s what I love the most about this game, it makes you feel like a child, in a good way!

Wonderful 101 has a cheesy style to it, and that kind of annoyed me at the start, but if you look past that at the start you get a game that fills you with child like wonder, if you don't believe me and you have a wii-u download the demo, scratch that, if you have a wii-u full stop then go download the demo!

To me this game isn't worth buying for £40, but to you it might be, and even if you think, nope not gonna like it, just try it!
If you was like me you wouldn't have even read this, I saw an article named something similar to mine, but I just went straight past it because it was W101 related!
But at least try the demo ok!

OMG If you read this far you deserve a sticker!
Chloe Loves You for reading this far! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment